The summer transfer window is just around the corner, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling around who is moving in. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news on rumors, comings and goings, and of course, expired deals!
Top story: Torres headed to the Premier League?
Manchester United and Chelsea are the last two teams to join the race to sign Villarreal Pau Torres In the summer, according to Fabrizio Romano.
The Spanish defender has been on a number of clubs’ radar this season, with teams in leagues across Europe keen to sign him. And despite their association with Real Madrid and Barcelona in recent months, it now looks as if the two teams from the Premier League are ready to begin their quest.
Incoming United boss Eric Ten Hag is reportedly considering the La Liga star as he looks to deal with the center back as one of his first deals at Old Trafford. However, Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel is also eyeing Torres as he is on the verge of losing Antonio Rudiger Real Madrid at the end of the season.
The report adds that Torres’ contract with Villarreal
Torres, who is said to have a €55m release clause in his contract with Villarreal, was previously focused on his team’s Champions League campaign, but with their semi-final exit at the hands of Liverpool, it now appears he is plotting his next move.
– ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant pass
Bayern Munich has been linked with a move for Sadio Mane On Monday, however, Sport Bild wrote that there was nothing to this rumour. The Bundesliga club manager reportedly met with Mane’s representatives over the weekend, but the latest now indicates that no meeting has taken place between the two parties. The 30-year-old is on the cusp of entering the final year of his contract with Liverpool.
Aston Villa are close to agreeing a £20m deal with Barcelona Philip CoutinhoMundo Deportivo reports. The 29-year-old midfielder is currently on loan at Villa Park and, after impressing Steven Gerrard’s side, the club is reported to be already in negotiations with the squad. Blaugrana They are looking to make his stay in the Premier League permanent.
Barcelona are keen to buy Celta Vigo Javier Galan In the summer, according to the sport. The 27-year-old winged back is being considered as a potential replacement for Jordi AlbaHe could sign a release clause of 18 million euros. The report goes on to say that Sevilla, as well as a number of Premier League clubs, are also keeping an eye on him.
– Arsenal is still eager to move to Yuri TillmansLeicester City is expected to face a battle to keep him in the summer, according to a report Fabrizio Romano. Three top clubs are interested in getting his signature, and they can take advantage of his contract status as he enters the final year of his contract. The Foxes are said to be looking for a fee of around £40m to break away from the Belgium international.
– Paris Saint-Germain star Edward Mischot He wants to leave the club in the summer, writes Calciomercato. Despite making four Ligue 1 appearances this season, the 19-year-old wants to leave the club permanently to avoid being sent off on loan. PSG would like to stay at the Parc des Princes, but may need the promise of more minutes to be convinced of his future at the club.