Joel Embiid has been in a rarity with the 76ers all season and one can claim he should have been a better player. He averaged 30.6 points, 11.7 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game this season, but 76 players failed in the second round of the playoffs. second.
Harden’s contract status will need to be resolved – and most likely will – but there are still a few pieces left from him being one of the best teams in the East.
They only have one pick (23rd overall), but have shown that they can find diamonds in the rough at that late stage of the draft before (hello, Tyrese Maxey!).
Where is Philadelphia in the draw order? Here’s everything you need to know ahead of the 2022 NBA Draft.
MORE: Finding Your Next Tyrese Maxey – Best Sleepers in 2022 NBA Draft
Draft 76ers picks 2022: When do you pick Philadelphia?
The 76ers have one selection overall in the 2022 NBA Draft. They will make their 23rd selection. They have no selection in the second round of the draft.
The team originally sent the unprotected pick to the Brooklyn Nets as part of James Harden’s mega deal before the February trade deadline.
However, the Nets had the option to defer the selection and take the Sixers’ unprotected first round of 2023 instead.
76ers 2022 NBA Draft Order
MORE: Post-Finals NBA Mock Draft: Two-Round Edition
76ers draft needs
- toy industry: Yes, the 76ers have James Harden and Tyrese Maxey, and they both fill that need with a starting unit, but it’s a bench that Philadelphia could use some extra punches in this division. This brings us to the next point…
- seat depth: The challenge for head of basketball operations Daryl Morey and general manager Elton Brand is finding ways to improve the roster with limited assets. Draft is a good way to add depth to a solid bench at a limited cost.
- shooting: Danny Green may miss the season, Forkman Korkmaz only hit 29% from 3 last year, James Harden remains a huge question mark and Seth Curry plays for Brooklyn. The 76ers desperately need some playable knockout shooters from Embiid.
- Plug and play skill set: That goal can be hard to hit, especially with such a late pick in the first round, but as a championship contender, the 76ers need someone they can connect to play and lineup. Their tournament window – and the Embiid Party – won’t last forever. They need to take advantage.
76ers Typical Draft 2022
Here is the latest expected pick for the 76ers, according to TSN’s Kyle Irving:
- Round 1, No. 23: Kennedy Chandler, J., TN