Melco / iStock.com
When you open a credit card, you may have a specific purchase that you want to make right away. The good news is that you won’t necessarily have to wait until you receive the actual card in the mail before making a purchase with some credit cards.
Although this is not always possible, there are many credit cards that you can use right away. If this is a feature you’re looking for, it’s important to make sure the issuer offers that before jumping into a new credit card.
Here is a list of the best credit cards that you can use immediately after approval.
Can you get instant approval for a credit card?
Yes, it is possible to get instant approval for a credit card.
But whether or not you get immediate approval depends on several factors. For example, you may receive instant approval for a high-end credit card if you have excellent credit. This may not be the case if you have a credit score that is less than ideal.
If you are seeking immediate approval, it is a good idea to look for a credit card that matches your credit level. You may struggle to get quick approval if you have bad credit and apply for a new credit card that requires a good credit score.
Best Credit Cards You Can Use Immediately After Approval
Here is a closer look at the best credit cards that you can use immediately after approval.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card is a useful option for anyone looking for a travel rewards opportunity. You can use the card immediately after approval through online payments and in-store purchases with the help of the digital wallet. Compatible digital wallets include Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Google Pay.
As with many other American Express cards, the Blue Cash Preferred Card does not require waiting for the physical card to arrive via postal mail. Alternatively, you can start shopping right away with the instant card number. Once you have the card number, you can add it to the digital wallet. Available digital wallet options include Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Google Pay.
This card focuses on providing the transition to everyday purchases. With it, you’ll find cashback opportunities on regular purchases like groceries and gas.
Delta SkyMiles Reserve® American Express Card
The Delta SkyMiles Reserve® American Express Card also provides the opportunity to initiate purchases without the physical card. Alternatively, you may get an instant card number to add to your digital wallets or to use while shopping online. The American Express card is compatible with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay.
- Bonus: 125,000 bonus miles and 10,000 medal qualification miles (MQMs) after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first three months.
- Rewards: Earn 3 times more miles when buying Delta; Earn 1x miles on all other purchases.
- suits: First checked bag free on Delta flights; Priority Boarding Earn 15,000 qualifying miles and an additional 15,000 miles after you reach $30,000 in qualifying purchases on your card in a calendar year; One round-trip utility ticket per year; There are no foreign transaction fees; 20% off eligible in-flight purchases, access to over 250 Sky Clubs and partner airport lounges.
- Annual fee: $450
Platinum® Card from American Express
The Platinum Card from American Express is in great esteem. It goes beyond the basics to provide a worthwhile card for those looking for luxury perks. And you won’t have to wait to start making purchases. Instead, an instant card number gives you the ability to start buying immediately upon approval. You can use the card number for online purchases or add it to your digital wallet.
- Bonus: Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $6,000 on purchases in the first six months.
- Rewards: Earn 5X Points on prepaid flights and hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- suits: Airline fee credit of $200; $15 Uber credit each month; USD 200 hotel credit; $240 digital entertainment credit; $155 from Walmart + credit; Unlimited access to Boingo WiFi; Premium Global Help Hotline 24/7; excellent roadside assistance; Obtain a fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck; access to up to 1,100 airport lounges, $189 credit with a Claire membership; $100 annual statement credit for purchases on Saks Fifth Avenue
- Annual fee: $695
SoFi credit card
A SoFi credit card may not have an American Express recognition name, but a 3% cashback on all purchases—if you set up a direct deposit—is a compelling opportunity for anyone interested in a cashback card. If approved, you will receive a digital card to start spending immediately. Although it will take 7-10 business days to receive the actual credit card, that shouldn’t slow you down.
- Bonus: Get a welcome bonus of up to $300 if you have SoFi Checking or Saving and use direct deposit
- Rewards: Earn 3% cashback on all expenses if you have a direct deposit – 2% with no direct deposit.
- suits: Cashback as a statement balance or payment on a SoFi loan; A chance to win a welcome bonus between $10 and $10,000 by clicking to play; cell phone protection plan; MasterCard ID theft protection; There are no foreign transaction fees; World Elite Mastercard Benefits
- Annual fee: no one
The American Express® Gold Card
Like the other American Express card options on this list, the American Express® Gold Card provides the opportunity to start spending immediately upon approval. The process begins when you receive your instant card number. With this card, you can start shopping online or add the number to your digital wallet. Some compatible digital wallets include Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Google Pay.
- Bonus: 60,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $4,000 on purchases during the first 6 months
- Rewards: Earn 4 times on purchases in restaurants and in the American supermarket; Earn 3X Points on flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com; Earn 1x point on all other purchases.
- suits: $120 dining credit; $120 in Uber Cash; Get a $100 experience credit when you book a hotel group stay; There are no foreign transaction fees; access to the global assistance hotline; Baggage insurance plan Insurance against loss and damage caused by car rental; Access to American Express Experiences
- Annual fee: $250
What credit card can I get right away?
Whether or not you are immediately approved depends on several factors, including the card you are applying for and your credit score. Check the issuer’s website for details on whether a card offers instant approval, and know that the higher your credit score, the more likely you are to be approved immediately.
The right credit card for you will meet more than one of your needs. Of course, one of those needs might be the ability to use a credit card for purchases once approved. But that’s not the only factor to consider when applying for a new credit card. It’s also important to consider the annual interest rate and fees associated with a credit card.
Additionally, consider the rewards you may unlock with your spending. After all, you want the credit card to advance your financial goal, not overburden you.
If you are looking for a credit card that you can use to start spending immediately upon approval, there are many options to choose from. But before diving into any credit card, be sure to read the fine print. If lowercase doesn’t make things clear, feel free to reach out to the issuer with questions.
After all, it’s important to make sure you can use a credit card within the spending timeframe you have in mind. Furthermore, it is crucial to make sure that the credit card meets your other needs. For example, you might choose a cashback credit card or a travel rewards credit card. The right choice boils down to your financial goals and situation.
Prices are subject to change; Unless otherwise noted, prices are updated periodically. All other information regarding the accounts is accurate as of September 22, 2022.
Editorial note: This content is not provided by any entity discussed in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any entity mentioned in this article.
GOBankingRates has independently collected all information regarding American Express card offerings and has not been reviewed or approved by American Express. These offers are not available through GOBankingRates.
Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card information has been collected by GOBankingRates and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this product/card. Product details may vary. Please see the source website for current information. GOBankingRates does not receive commission for this product.