- Shipping a golf cart is a very similar process to moving a regular car
- Find out your pick-up and drop-off locations, the type of shipping service you need, and your timeframe.
- Montway Auto Transport and Easy Auto Ship are two reputable companies that offer specialized shipping of golf carts.
Affiliate Disclosure: Automoblog and its partners may be compensated when purchasing the products below.
Whether you use your golf cart for days on the course or to get around your community, you’ll want to know your vehicle is in good hands if you need to transport it. The most reputable golf cart shipping service providers will transport your cart safely at a reasonable rate, giving you peace of mind that your vehicle will arrive safely at its destination.
Our panel reviewed the top nationwide auto shippers that offer golf cart shipping services, including Montway Auto Transport and Easy Auto Ship. Equipped with various transportation services, instant quotes, and flexible shipping options, these top-rated companies will get you back to the golf course in no time.
How to charge your golf cart
Shipping a golf cart is similar to hauling a regular car, and it’s a fairly simple process. To get started, you need to define the details of your shipment, including pick-up and drop-off locations, the type of shipping service you need, and your time frame. You will then get quotes from several providers, compare your options, and book a shipment with the company of your choice.
Golf cart shipping services
Many car shipping companies offer transportation services for specialized vehicles such as golf carts. There are many service options available depending on your needs, budget, and time frame. These include:
- Unlock the transport vehicleOpen Transport: Your vehicle is shipped on an open carrier and will be exposed to the elements. While this is a fairly common shipping option for standard vehicles, it is a less popular way to ship golf carts.
- Closed vehicle transportYour vehicle is transported in a closed trailer or shipping container to prevent damage and exposure to the elements. This is the most popular shipping option for golf carts.
- From door to doorWith door-to-door shipping, your golf cart is picked up and dropped off as close to the addresses you provide as possible.
- from station to station: Station-to-station transportation means that the pick-up and drop-off of your vehicle takes place at a predetermined location along with other vehicle shipments. This is often more affordable than door-to-door shipping, although not all major providers offer it.
- The accelerator: If you have time constraints, you can opt for express shipping at an additional cost instead of waiting 1-2 weeks for carrier availability. Vehicles can usually be shipped out within a few days.
Golf cart shipping costs
The mileage of your shipment is one of the most important factors when it comes to determining costs. Car carriers have different rates per mile that can help you get a sense of how much it will cost to ship a golf cart.
Auto shipping leader Montway Auto Transport states that overhead costs are about $1.96 per mile for distances under 500 miles, $0.93 per mile for distances between 500 and 1,500 miles, and $0.58 per mile for distances over 1,500 miles.
With Easy Auto Ship, transportation costs are about $1.00 per mile for distances less than 500 miles, $0.75 per mile for distances over 500 miles, $0.60 per mile for over 1,000 miles, and $0.50 per mile for long distances over 2,000 miles.
Montway and Easy Auto Ship both offer affordable shipping rates and similar costs per mile. To find out the cost of actual shipments with each company, see the tables below.
Car transportation costs in Montaway
Our team reached out to Montway for golf cart transportation services quotes for a 2-passenger battery-powered golf cart for 2016. Note that Montway only offers enclosed transportation services for golf carts, which usually cost more than open shipping.
|Miles traveled||Transportation type||Estimating automobile transportation in Montaway|
Easy car shipping costs
We contacted Easy Auto Ship for a free shipping quote for this 2016 2 Rider Battery Powered Golf Cart using our open and enclosed shipping services.
|Miles traveled||Transportation type||Easy automatic charge estimation|
|1,188 miles||to open||$995|
|2,785 miles||to open||$1,500|
Golf cart shipping cost factors
Golf cart moving costs can vary widely based on the company you choose as well as a number of factors about your shipment and your golf cart. Some of the variables that you can expect to affect shipping rates include:
- Transfer typeOpen shipping is generally cheaper than closed shipping
- Pick-up and delivery locationsDoor-to-door shipping usually costs more than delivery from one station to another
- charged distanceShipping long distance or cross country generally costs more, but less per mile
- Golf cart size: Larger golf carts are often more expensive to ship
- time of yearPrices tend to be higher in January and during the summer due to higher demand
Top recommendations for shipping a golf cart
Golf carts are specialty vehicles that not all auto carriers will ship. Montway Auto Transport and Easy Auto Ship are two top-rated companies that offer specialized shipping for golf carts, so you can be confident that your cart will be safe in their care. With free quotes, closed shipping, and door-to-door service, both companies offer a variety of shipping options.
Mountway Auto Transport is a reliable company to consider for auto and golf cart shipments. With a wide variety of services, nationwide availability, and positive customer service results, Montway is a trusted provider that receives the best overall rating from our review team.
- was established: 2006
- headquarters: Schaumburg, Illinois
- availability: All 50 countries and international destinations
Montway offers several shipping services for golf carts including door-to-door shipping, closed carrier, international shipping, and express shipping. The company also has a positive industry reputation, with accreditation and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Our team ranked Montway Auto Transport first in our review of the best car shipping companies of 2022, with an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5.0 stars.
Easy automated charging
Easy Auto Ship is a robust vehicle transportation service for both US and international shipping. With shipping to Alaska and Hawaii as well as delivery locations around the world, the company can ship your golf cart wherever you want it. It also offers a wide range of service options at an affordable price, which makes it worth considering.
- was established: 2013
- headquarters: Youngstown, Ohio
- availability: All 50 countries and international destinations
Easy Auto Ship’s golf cart shipping services include door-to-door shipping, open and closed carrier, international shipping, and express shipping. An open shipping service for golf carts in particular can help make your transportation costs more affordable as well.
Like Montway Auto Transport, Easy Auto Ship has also received an A+ rating and approval from the BBB. Our review team gives the company an average of 4.5 out of 5.0 stars for its strong industry reputation and range of service options.
Golf Cart Cargo: Summary
Montway and Easy Auto Ship are among our top-rated shippers and are smart choices for shipping golf carts. Both companies offer affordable average prices, a good range of shipping services, and a positive customer experience. We recommend contacting several shipping providers for free quotes to compare your options and find the right company to ship your cart.
Golf Cart Shipping: Instructions
What is the best way to transport a golf cart?
The best way to transport a golf cart is to use an enclosed trailer. This method of charging can help protect your golf cart from the elements and any debris while on the road. Montway Auto Transport and Easy Auto Ship offer enclosed golf cart transportation.
How long does it take to charge the car?
On average, a car shipping company will usually receive your car within five days and transportation generally takes between seven to 10 days. This average is based on coast-to-coast shipping within the US, so shipping time may vary.
Do golf carts have compound surnames?
A standard golf cart does not have a vehicle title. However, if a vehicle has been modified to become a low-speed vehicle (LSV), you must obtain a certificate of ownership.
Our expert review team takes satisfaction in providing accurate and unbiased information. We selected the following rating categories based on consumer survey data and conducted extensive research to craft our rankings of the best car shipping companies.
- the pricesThere are a variety of factors that affect cost, so it can be difficult to compare quotes between providers. Our team performs continuous confidential shopper analyzes of various vehicles, services and shipping methods to give this rating.
- servicesSince every consumer has their own needs, it is essential for a car carrier to offer a range of services. We take into account the availability of services, the ability to guarantee pick-up and delivery times, and insurance coverage options.
- reputationOur team considers Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings, company service history, and years in business when giving this score.
- Customer serviceReputable car shipping companies operate with a certain degree of care for their consumers. We take into account customer ratings, BBB complaints and the response of our customer service team.