All bonuses for golfers have been revealed

The Player Impact Program was launched in 2021 by the PGA Tour to reward golfers who have boosted engagement and publicity for the tour. Legendary American golfer Tiger Woods earned the inaugural program for Player Impact last year. He followed it up by topping the table again this year.

Woods, who hasn’t played in most of the events this year due to his recovery from his horrific car accident in 2021, can still easily be considered the poster golfer.

Despite not being mostly working, Woods has managed to make an effective impact on the publicity of the PGA Tour. Woods ranked first in four of the five categories the program looked at.

The thing it missed was “TV Sponsor Exposure,” which is the length of time that a player’s sponsor’s logo appears on screen during weekend rounds. Unfortunately, since Tiger Woods only played three of them, he missed out on this category.

However, he did get a whopping $15 million bonus from the Player Impact Program. Last year, it earned $8 million for topping the charts.

According to a player tour memo obtained by the Associated Press, players who received Player Impact money were required to compete in a predetermined tournament, attend one of the program’s service events, and play 15 times, including 12 times in elevated matches. Tournaments.

However, Tiger Woods is an exception to the rule as he plays a limited schedule due to his bad legs. The Commissioner has the authority to waive playing requirements for players who have a serious injury or family emergency.


Rory McIlroy is second on the Player Impact Program rewards list

Rory McIlroy, Photo credit: Harry How/Getty Images
Rory McIlroy, Photo credit: Harry How/Getty Images

Northern Irish golfer Rory McIlroy jumped from third place and made $3.5 million last year to land second this year on the Player Impact Program’s list, the Associated Press reports.

He received $12 million as a bonus for his publicity and participation in the PGA Tour. In a close finish, Jordan Spieth was third while Justin Thomas finished fourth on the bonus list.

The two earned $9 million and $7.5 million, respectively. Spanish golfer John Rahm came in fifth with a $6 million bonus. Reigning Masters champion Scotty Scheffler came in sixth with $5.5 million.

The other four centers were awarded $5 million each. Tokyo gold medalist Xander Schavelli, US Open champion Matt Fitzpatrick and FedEx St.

Hideki Matsuyama, Cameron Young, and Sam Burns rounded out the top twenty, earning $2 million each. The program increased its purse from $40 million to $106 million this year and awarded the top 20 players.

Last year, the program awarded only the top 10 golfers. It also employed “General Population Awareness” and “Golf Fan Awareness” to replace Q-Rating criteria and social media.

Colin Morikawa maintains his 11th pole position since last year. Him, Shane Lowry, Kevin Kisner, Max Homa, and Billy Horschel fill the next four spots, earning $3 million each.

According to the memo, 25% of the Player Impact Program rewards will be paid out from players’ earnings in the Sentry Tournament of Champions in Kapalua, and the remaining 75% will be paid out upon fulfilling their three requirements.

It is not clear when the first installment will be paid to Lowry, Kisner, Fowler and Day because they did not qualify for the Sentry Tournament of Champions.

The 2023 Player Impact Program season began in October and will end in August. LIV Golf players will not be considered for the bonus as they have been banned by the PGA Tour.

Quick links

More from Sportskeeda


Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: