282/.371/.522 with 23 home runs and 22 stolen bases in 95 games played for High-A Asheville. Taking the right to his fall league season in Arizona, he performed with the Beast at home last month.
The Tennessee product has played in 11 games as of Tuesday for the Surprise Saguaros — managed by Triple-A Sugar Land captain Mickey Storey. With two games left on the schedule, Daniels starts Wednesday in left field and bats at #9.
Daniels slashes .167/.286/.306 with three extra base hits and one stolen base. Daniels’ next spring training is approaching, and he could be a non-roster invitation to major league camp before receiving an assignment to Double-A Corpus Christi.
Gordon receives the Medal of Honor
Colton Gordon was named the Arizona League’s Pitcher of the Week on Wednesday. After a rocky start, the lefty hit his best last week, throwing five three-hit innings with eight strikeouts.
Scroll to continue
Gordon—who missed the start of the season after recovering from Tommy John surgery—switched to the Arizona Fall League to extend his impressive season. With five starts, the Central Florida product ranks 6th in strikeouts with 19 and 7th in innings pitched with 18.1.
Nova continues to rehab
Formerly a top prospect in the organization, Freuds Nova was on his way to associate play in 2022. The player tore his left ACL at the end of the 2021 season, forcing him to undergo surgery, before he was eventually removed from the 40-list. the man.
Nova posted on Instagram that he continues to progress with a brace on his left knee. The 22-year-old played in just three games to rehab in late July, but he did not return to High Asheville.
More from SI’s Inside The Astros:
- Could Mike Trout ask for a trade to the Houston Astros?
- Report: A former Astros Pitcher Fiers contract has been terminated by the CPBL Club
- Can the Houston Astros handle the loss of Jordan Alvarez?
- Is there any hope for the aging Yuli Gurel?
- Houston Astros MLB Trade Deals Ranking Deadline
- Jeremy Peña is not in contention for Rookie of the Year, and that’s a good thing
- The Houston Astros are preparing for another World Series
- Mancini Mania: Behind the latest streak in Houston Astros history
- Trey Mancini gives the Houston Astros a much deeper lineup
- The Astros’ Alvarez stopped striking and became the best hitter in baseball
Be sure to follow Inside the Astros on Twitter @employee!